Tuesday, December 23, 2008

SPENDING CHRISTMAS IN LA CRUZ




Even with all our problem with the boat we are still having a good time here in La Cruz, Mexico. I’ve been able to play music with many of my old friends at Anna Banana’s, Britannia and Philo’s. I am playing some classical guitar sets at Anna’s on Christmas Day. I’ll be opening for a Flamenco guitar group and then play the closing set. New Years Eve I’ll be filling in with my blues harp with the band at the Britannia Pub. There is plenty of music to keep me busy.We rented a nice studio room near the marina for only $300/month complete with Internet and cable TV. On Christmas Eve we are giving a talk on cruising El Salvador hoping to excite more people into sailing there. Jean and I hope everyone has a nice Christmas and New Year. We’ll be flying back to El Salvador on Jan 8, 2009.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Feliz Navidad!!!!
Sounds like you are having a real nice time there in Mexico. Well deserved after all that boat trouble! All is well over here on this Christmas Eve.
Here's a toast to a good start to the new year 2009.

Bill and Alice Johnson said...

Okay- the mystery is solved! Bill asked the other day if we had heard from you. Glad to hear you are having fun with friends in La Cruz. We are leaving Acapulco 12/31 for Huatulco and then on to the dreaded Tehuantepec... we sure want to see Bahia del Sol but need your help getting in!!! WEll, at least someone's help~ Happy New Year!